This is a small device that sits on the top of your desktop monitor, and its purpose is to allow you to interact with games. It can do this in several different ways, but it sets it apart from other similar devices because it does not require any wires or connections. You simply place it onto your screen, and you are ready to go. With the help of image processing technology, almost anything you see on your computer screen will be detected by Evotix.
How does it work?
This will detect almost anything you see on your computer screen. To do this, Evotix uses image processing technology based on the OpenNI Framework – an open-source Natural Interaction middleware for creating human interactive applications from any device that has a camera and works with several different operating systems (Windows, Mac, and Linux). To understand how it functions, let us take a look at some of its main components:
Natural Interaction Framework
As we have mentioned before, the Natural Interaction Framework is an open-source platform that uses image processing technology to allow users to interact with different applications without wires, special devices, or any external hardware. All you need is a webcam, and you will be able to control your computer using various movements and processes such as swipes and some even employing all ten fingers at once.
If we take a look at some of its capabilities:
– Using only one finger, you can rotate objects on your screen, zoom in/zoom out, drag and drop them wherever you want;
– You can add multiple users so more than one person can use Evotix simultaneously;
– It comes with an open-source framework which means it is highly customizable according to each individual’s needs;
– You can add it to your website. With the proper authorizations from eeGeo, you will be able to add this in a few minutes, and without any previous knowledge of web development, all you have to do is to copy and paste a bit of HTML code into your source code ;
– It has a straightforward installation process, so there is no need for installing any drivers or other types of complicated processes;
– It comes with its programming language called GObject, which means that if you are already familiar with GObject, you will get started right away! But don’t worry, even if you are not yet familiar with this language since there is plenty of online documentation, tutorials on getting started, and support.
The image processing technology is one of the most exciting features. This feature enables it to detect any movement carried out on your computer screen and interpret it in a certain way that will allow you to interact with different applications without using a keyboard or mouse.
The Natural Interaction Framework uses this sort of image processing technology. Still, we have already mentioned that we need to add an extra code for this to work correctly – which is precisely what the OpenNI framework does. Without taking much time, let us take a look at some of its main characteristics: